Protecting your heart health starts with a visit to the cardiologists at NOVA Cardiovascular Care in Woodbridge and Stafford, VA, for cardiovascular care. Whether you already have a condition that affects your heart health or are at risk for cardiovascular disease, your cardiologists can help you avoid serious health complications.
5 benefits of cardiovascular care
Visiting the Woodbridge and Stafford, VA, heart doctors for cardiovascular care will help you:
- Keep Your Blood Pressure Under Control: Even though you may not notice any symptoms, high blood pressure may be damaging your blood vessels. Uncontrolled high blood pressure increases your risk of heart attack, stroke, kidney disease, peripheral artery disease, and vision loss.
- Lower Your Cholesterol: Too much "bad" cholesterol in your blood can also increase your heart attack and stroke risk. Fortunately, your cardiologist can recommend some helpful lifestyle changes and prescribe medications that lower your cholesterol.
- Monitor Your Cardiovascular Disease: Do you have coronary artery disease, arrhythmia, peripheral artery disease, cardiomyopathy, heart failure, heart valve problems or other cardiovascular conditions and diseases? Regular visits to the cardiologist will help you manage your condition.
- Protect Your Memory: High blood pressure damages blood vessels everywhere in your body, including your brain. Unfortunately, as you get older, that damage may increase your risk of memory problems or dementia. If your blood vessels are clogged with plaque due to high cholesterol, blood flow to your brain can be reduced. Reduced blood flow not only affects memory but might also interfere with your ability to think and process information. Treating your cardiovascular conditions offers a simple way to avoid memory issues.
- Assess Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease: Your cardiologist can help you determine if you're at increased risk of cardiovascular disease. If you do have a higher-than-normal risk, receiving treatment or making lifestyle changes now may help you lower your risk. It's a good idea to schedule a visit with the cardiologist if you have heart disease risk factors, which include obesity, family history of heart disease, high blood pressure or high cholesterol, diabetes, smoking, poor diet or a sedentary lifestyle.
Do you need cardiovascular care? Make an appointment with the Woodbridge and Stafford, VA, cardiologists at NOVA Cardiovascular Care. Call (703) 492-6822 for the Woodbridge office or (540) 628-2173 for the Stafford office.